"DefensiveTactics Handgun Course"
"Not an NRA Approved Course"
This is a two day all range course, this is not a course for beginners. You must have attended at least level one in the NRA PPOTH course (or something similar) to attend this one.
This course is to take you to a new level in your training, it will include ground fighting, shooting on the move, from contact to extended range, from very precise to extremely rapid.
Course Goal: To teach students the skills necessary to successfully survive a dynamic encounter with one or multiple assailants.
1. The student will understand the need for a balance between shooting speed and accuracy in a dynamic gunfight environment.
2. The student will understand how to load and shoot from unorthodox shooting positions.
3. The student will understand the importance of using cover and concealment in a dynamic environment.
4. The student will be able to successfully engage moving targets.
5. The student will be able to successfully engage targets while moving—i.e. “get off the X”.
6. The student will be able to properly respond to firearms malfunctions during a dynamic gunfight scenario.
Handgun, 9mm mim. 700 rounds, holster, 3 magazines concealment garment, clothing for the weather
Enhanced Handgun Skills Course
250 rounds $175 (details to follow)
Enhanced Handgun Skills Course II
200 rounds $175 (details to follow)